Public art and local food and drink are the highlights of an inaugural Art Crawl hosted in partnership by the Sugar Hill Arts Commission and the Suwanee Public Arts Commission.
Local residents and guests are invited to visit both Sugar Hill and Suwanee for the rain-or-shine event from noon to 9 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 27. The Art Crawl will highlight the Black Artists Showcase on display at Sugar Hill’s City Art Gallery @ The Local, which is at 5010 W. Broad St. Receptions for the exhibit will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. The Art Crawl will also showcase sculptures that are part of the 2022-2024 SculpTour in Suwanee, and scheduled guided tours will be offered.
Tickets for the Art Crawl are $23 and include the following food and beverage items from local sponsors:
In Sugar Hill
- Indio Brewing Co. — ½ glass draft beer
- Sugar Hill Distillery — Pretzel bites with beer cheese dip
- Scoops — 4 oz bag of bulk candy
- Sugar Hill Arts Commission — Klondike Bar at Minibus Loading Zone
- Cafe Amico — Espresso shot on ice topped with sweet foam
- StillFire Brewing — ½ glass draft beer
- Tequila Mama Taqueria — 8-ounce house margarita on the rocks (lime flavor)
- Seaside Oyster Bar — Raw oyster
- Mellow Mushroom — ½ glass draft beer
- Rita’s Suwanee Town Center — 8-ounce Italian ice
The Art Crawl will wrap up with Michael Franti & Spearhead performing as part of Sugar Hill Live On Stage at The Bowl at Sugar Hill. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the venue is at 5039 W. Broad St.
An air-conditioned, wheelchair-accessible minibus will be available to shuttle event participants between Sugar Hill and Suwanee throughout the day. Click here for a list of departure times.
For more information on the Art Crawl, and the purchase tickets, click here.