The North Gwinnett Co-op is accepting donations of Easter meal boxes to provide its clients with a meal for the upcoming holiday.
The co-op’s goal is to provide 500 meal boxes, and the deadline to donate is Friday, April 8.
“As a faith based ministry we wanted to honor the holiday by assisting our families,” said Kim Phillips, executive director of the co-op. “Our community’s generosity has made this distribution possible.”
This donation drive is a first for the co-op, and plans are in place to hold the drive annually.
Donations can be made in one of three ways — donors can provide the items needed for a meal box and co-op volunteers can assemble the box; donors can obtain an empty box from the co-op, fill it with the items requested and return it to the co-op; or donors can provide a monetary gift of $50 to sponsor an Easter meal box. Monetary donations can be made online here.
The following items should be included in a meal box:
- Boxed potatoes (mashed/au gratin, etc.)
- Green beans (two cans) *Co-op will provide
- Corn (two cans)
- Canned fruit (two small cans or one large can)
- Box of macaroni and cheese
- Box of cornbread or muffin mix
- Cream of mushroom/chicken soup (one small can)
- Small bag of coffee or tea
- Crackers (saltines, etc.)
- Small can of olives
- Cake Mix and icing or cookie or brownie mix
Meal boxes should be left unsealed, and donors should complete a label that informs the recipient of who donated the meal box.
The North Gwinnett Co-op is located at 4395 Commerce Drive in Buford.
Click here for more information on the Easter meal box program, or contact Phillips at 770-271-9793 or firstname.lastname@example.org.