The Buford High School Literary Team brought home a state championship in the 2022 State Literary competition held in March.
Buford received 36 points in the competition for Class AAAAAA, followed by Lee County and Sequoyah both with 23 points and Richmond Hill with 17.
The championship is Buford’s 13th consecutive state win and 19th in school history.
Literary Team members competed in several areas to secure points toward the overall team placement. The following students finished in first through fourth places in the competition:
First place, state champions
- Jenna Gubran — Humorous Interpretation
- Mara Eva Cline — Girls Solo
- Mara Eva Cline, Alyssa Lovern and Rachael Bryson — Girls Trio
Second place, state runners-up
- Dylan Appling — Boys Solo
- Sophia Lee — International Extemporaneous Speaking
- Sydney Holton — Dramatic Interpretation
- Karyme Santibanez — Personal Essay
- Jenna Gubran and Grace Johnson — Duo Interpretation