With the excitement of the snowfall in the northern counties of Georgia this past weekend, area students were hard-pressed to feel cheated when their snow day fell on a weekend. However, many of those who missed their snow holiday from school will have their wish granted on Tuesday, Jan. 18, as several systems in the northeast metro announce closures and delays.
Gwinnett County Public Schools indicates no closure or delay for Tuesday at this time, nor do neighboring Forsyth and Fulton counties. On the official Facebook page for Forsyth County Schools, the following was posted Monday afternoon: “We look forward to seeing our students, teachers and staff return on Tuesday, January 18th!”
However, the following schools have announced changes to their regular schedule for Tuesday, giving some area students a little more time to enjoy Winter’s treat:
- Banks County Schools – Closed
- Buford City Schools – Two-hour delay for staff and students
- Dawson County Schools – Online learning day
- Gainesville City Schools – Closed (All 12-month employees should report to work when safe to do so.)
- Hall County Schools – Closed (All 12-month employees should contact their immediate supervisor for further instructions regarding safely returning on Wednesday.)
- Habersham County Schools – Closed
- Lakeview Academy – Closed
- Lumpkin County Schools – Closed
- Lanier Technical College – Campuses will delay opening until 10:30 a.m. Students, faculty, and staff are advised to use their best judgment regarding safe travel to campus.
- North Georgia Technical College – All campuses will be closed due to road closures and power outages.
- University of North Georgia – All campuses will delay opening until 10 a.m.