During their March 28, 2023, meeting, the Suwanee City Council members voted unanimously to approve the purchase of a high-pressure stormwater cleaner that will allow for rapid unclogging of storm pipes and inlets. The cost for the equipment, which can self-propel into a pipe with high pressure and water volume, is $88,789.26. The council also authorized the assessment of approximately 30,000 feet of stormwater pipe to continue the city’s stormwater project. A scope of work submitted by Integrated Science and Engineering shows a cost of $80,000.
The Suwanee City Council also:
- Voted to approve an alcohol beverage license for Cow Wow Korean BBQ at 2850 Lawrenceville-Suwanee Road, suite F; Josh J. Chung applied for the license for the full-service Korean BBQ restaurant
- Approved an amendment to the city’s building code that will clarify recently updated state building codes regarding deck construction on single-family homes
- Voted to adopt the 2023 Short Term Work Program
- Unanimously voted to approve the appointments of Alex Ortolano, Ken McCoy, Kristen Shappert and Eileen Cobb to the Harvest Farm Managing Board, which is responsible for maintenance and operation of Harvest Farm, Suwanee’s community garden
- Authorized the mayor to execute an intergovernmental agreement for election equipment with Gwinnett County
- Voted to authorize the mayor to enter into maintenance agreements regarding the Gateway Median Project with both Gwinnett County and the Georgia Department of Transportation
- Approved the sale of surplus items by the city in the annual surplus sale
The Suwanee City Council will hold a workshop at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, April 13, followed by its regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 25. Both meetings will be held at Suwanee City Hall, 330 Town Center Ave.