At its December 20, 2022, meeting, the Suwanee City Council voted to unanimously approve second quarter budget adjustments. These adjustments include funding for two police vehicle replacements, funding for the Suwanee Youth Leader Cheer project and funds for the creation of a stormwater utility fund.
The Suwanee City Council also:
- Granted an alcohol beverage license for Laziz Kitchen at 400 Buford Highway, Suite 1107
- Approved Special Use Permit SUP-2022-005 for outdoor storage by Bowman Consulting for Wal-Mart Real Estate Business Trust
- Voted to approve SUP-2022-006 for outdoor storage by Tarr Group LLC for PRD Owner LLC
- Authorized the mayor to enter into an agreement with Newlands Contracting in the amount of $52,740 for asphalt street patching
- Authorized the mayor to enter into an agreement with Newlands Contracting in the amount of $113,080 for the replacement of the Scales Road Pedestrian Trail
- Authorized the mayor to enter into an agreement with Allied Paving in the amount of $720,525.75 for road resurfacing within the city
- Tabled consideration to authorize the mayor to enter into an agreement for installation of pavement markings at the intersection of Russell Street and Main Street
- Approved an agreement with AT&T to revise and consolidate copper phone lines serving the city
- Approved annual contract renewals for contracts expiring on or around Dec. 31, 2022
The council’s next meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 24, at City Hall, 330 Town Center Ave. The regular meeting is preceded by a monthly workshop. The next workshop will be held at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 12, also at City Hall.