The North Gwinnett Co-op’s 2021 Holiday Meal Box Program is winding down, and the local nonprofit still needs about 100 meal boxes to provide for its clients in need.
Donations can be made through Wednesday, Dec. 15. Donors can purchase and package the items needed for meal boxes or make $50 donation to sponsor a holiday meal box by clicking here.
If assembling a meal box, contents should include the following items:
- Box potatoes (mashed/au gratin, etc.)
- Yams (two small cans or one large can)
- Cranberry sauce (one can)
- Corn (two cans)
- Canned fruit (two small cans or one large can)
- Box of stuffing
- Gravy mix (or jar)
- Box of macaroni and cheese
- Box of corn bread or muffin mix
- Chicken broth (one can)
- Cream of mushroom soup (one small can)
- Marshmallows (one small bag)
- Evaporated or sweet condensed milk (one small can)
- Cake mix and icing or a cookie mix or brownie mix
- $20 gift card to Publix, Wal-Mart or Kroger
When donating a meal box, donors should leave the box unsealed and keep the gift card separate. Donors should complete a meal box label, which lets the recipient know who donated their meal box.
The co-op’s hours for meal box donation drop-offs are noon to 8 p.m. Mondays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays. Meal boxes can be delivered outside of outside of general operating hours by scheduling a delivery time and date.
For more information on meal boxes or to schedule a drop-off, contact the co-op’s executive director, Kim Phillips, at 770-271-9793 or firstname.lastname@example.org.