Gwinnett County firefighters began responding to an increase in wind-related incidents just before 5 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 29.
According to Gwinnett Fire & Emergency Services, the majority of those calls were related to wires and trees down in roadways and on buildings.
Fire crews responded to more than 175 calls between 4 and 8:30 a.m.
Firefighters freed a resident who was trapped inside a house in the 1100 block of Smoke Hill Lane NE in Hoschton when a tree crashed through the roof. The resident was taken to a hospital about 6 a.m. There was extensive damage to the home.
Residents are encouraged to use caution when venturing outside and to avoid contact with downed power lines and trees. Hazardous conditions should be reported to 911.
Gwinnett Fire and Emergency Services responded to the following locations as the the Thursday morning storm moved through:
- 2900 block of Winter Lake Court in Buford
- 1800 block of Prospect Road in Lawrenceville
- 3300 block of Newcastle Way in Snellville
Active incidents as of about 9:45 a.m. included the following:
Trees down on buildings:
- 1700 block of Hunters Trace SW in Lilburn
- 3600 block of Erdly Lane SW in Snellville
- 5800 block of Western Hills Drive NW in Norcross
- 700 block of Prestonwood Drive NW in Lawrenceville
- 600 block of Hickory Nobb NE in Buford
- 400 block of Valley View Drive SW in Stone Mountain
- 1900 block of Tyler Trace NW in Lawrenceville
- 3500 block of Yarmouth HL NW in Lawrenceville
- 2100 block of Kilgore Road NE in Buford
- 600 block of Clemson Lane NE in Lawrenceville
- Stoneview Drive SW in Lilburn
- Temple Johnson Road SW in Snellville
- Harbins Road SE at Drowning Creek Road in Dacula
- Coachmann Cove SW in Snellville
- Norcross Village Mobile Home Park in Norcross
- Gunnin Road NW in Peachtree Corners
- Chattawood Drive NW in Duluth
- Linda Lane SW in Lilburn
- Suwanee Valley Road NW in Lawrenceville
- Rockbridge Way NW in Norcross
- Buford Dam road, NE and Sycamore Road in Buford
- Kilgore Road, NE in Buford