Gwinnett Fire and Emergency Services‘ command staff opened the Fire War Room at 6 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 16, to handle winter storm response throughout Gwinnett. The department provided a synopsis Sunday afternoon of incidents handled by GFES personnel.
During the time period monitored, for the entirety of Gwinnett County, there were no weather-related injuries reported to the department’s public information officer and no American Red Cross assistance was requested by residents with structural damage to their homes.
The following does not include all calls for the north Gwinnett area.
Trees on structures
- 100 block of Legion Drive NE in Buford — Firefighters found a tree had fallen onto a home causing moderate damage
- 5000 block of Price Drive NE in Suwanee — Firefighters found a large limb and several small branches punctured the roof of a home; power was secured to the affected area
Trees/power lines down
- Puritan Drive NE/Level Creek Road NE in Buford
- 2800 block of N Bogan Road NE in Buford
- 3000 Thompson Mill Road NE in Buford
- 100 block of Wilson Avenue NE in Buford
- 2700 block of Crestworth Lane NE in Buford
- 800 block of Old Cumming Road NE in Buford
- Interstate 985 NB, South of Buford Drive in Buford
- Moore Road NW/ Crofton Landing NW in Suwanee
- 3800 block of Tuggle Road NE in Buford
- 3800 block of Silk Leaf Way NE in Buford
Featured photo: A wintry scene on Sunday, Jan. 16, 2022, in Buford. Photo by Jessica Wilson.