GWINNETT COUNTY — Georgia’s Presidential Primary Election will take place on June 9 after being postponed from its original March 24 date. The primary was delayed following shelter-in-place orders due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
With over a million absentee/advance ballots requested by Georgia residents, Gwinnett County Voter Registrations and Elections office is planning for the influx of ballots. Gwinnett is giving its residents a new way to have their vote counted by placing eight official ballot boxes in strategic locations throughout the county in which voters can turn in their absentee/advance ballots for the June 9 Presidential Preference Primary, General Primary and Nonpartisan Election.
Absentee/advance voting is available to all voters regardless if one is actually going out of town or not. Voters can request absentee/advance ballots for the June 9 election until Friday, June 5 if they did not already receive one from the State of Georgia. The Georgia Secretary of State’s Office mailed absentee/advance voter applications to all registered voters this spring in response to the novel coronavirus pandemic.
Voters can complete the application form online at GwinnettElections.com or call the Voter Registrations and Elections Office at 678-226-7210 to request an application. Absentee/advance ballots will only be issued once a complete application is submitted and verified by county elections officials.
Voters can be sure their ballots are secure as the ballot boxes feature 24/7 video monitoring. No postage is necessary on the ballots placed in these boxes.
- Bogan Park Community Recreation Center, 2723 North Bogan Road, Buford
- Dacula Park Activity Building, 2735 Old Auburn Avenue, Dacula
- George Pierce Park Community Recreation Center, 55 Buford Highway, Suwanee
- Lenora Park Gym, 4515 Lenora Church Road, Snellville
- Lucky Shoals Park Community Recreation Center, 4651 Britt Road, Norcross
- Mountain Park Aquatic Center, 1063 Rockbridge Road, Stone Mountain
- Shorty Howell Park Activity Building, 2750 Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth
- Voter Registrations and Elections Beauty P. Baldwin Building, 455 Grayson Highway, Suite 200, Lawrenceville