Firefighters respond to a house fire in the 300 block of South Street in Buford on Sunday, Dec. 18, 2022. Photo by Alicia Payne.

Firefighters with Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services responded to a call about a fire at a home in the 300 block of South Street in Buford at 11:14 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 18.

Within minutes of receiving the call, fire crews arrived to find flames coming from the attic in the rear of the home. Crews immediately set to work extinguishing the flames which were largely contained to the attic of the home. Within minutes, firefighters had the blaze knocked out preventing the home from being a total loss.

The residents of the home were there when the fire broke out and made it out of the home without injury.

According to a relative of the homeowner said that the family believes the fire originated from a malfunctioning exhaust fan in a bathroom on the backside of the home.

FEATURED PHOTO: The fire damage to a home in 300 block of South Street in Buford was largely contained to the attic. Photo by Alicia Payne.


Please follow and like us:
Pin Share

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Verified by ExactMetrics