Hall County Fire Services said that an elderly woman died in an accidental fire at her residence in Buford on Saturday afternoon, July 2, 2022.

A neighbor called 9-1-1 to report seeing smoke coming from a residence in the 5400 block of Orchard Way in Buford in the Countryside Village of Lanier neighborhood. Fire crews responded to the fire at 1:15 p.m. on Saturday.

Firefighters found the body of Barbara Ann Maddox, 84 near the front door of the home.

“Investigators believe Ms. Maddox was filling a lamp with oil when she accidentally ignited the fire,” B.J. Williams, Hall County Fire Rescue Services public information officer said.

The fire and the death of Ms. Maddox are under investigation by the Hall County Sheriff’s Office and the Hall County Fire Marshal’s Office. Her body has been sent for an autopsy.

Please follow and like us:
Pin Share

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Verified by ExactMetrics