To ensure children and teens don’t experience hunger while on summer break from their schools, which provide breakfast and lunch throughout the academic year, Gwinnett County Community Services is offering a free summer meals program.
Grab-and-go meals will be available for curbside pickup from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday until Aug. 1 at the following locations in and around the North Gwinnett area:
• Bogan Park Community Recreation Center — 2723 N. Bogan Road in Buford
• Gwinnett Environmental & Heritage Center — 2020 Clean Water Drive in Buford
• OneStop Buford — 2755 Sawnee Ave.
• Dacula Park Activity Building — 2735 Auburn Ave.
• Shorty Howell Park Activity Building — 2750 Pleasant Hill Road in Duluth
• Club Drive Park — 3330 Club Drive in Lawrenceville
• Freeman’s Mill Park — 1401 Alcovy Road in Lawrenceville
• Rhodes Jordan Park multipurpose field — 100 E. Crogan St. in Lawrenceville
• Sweet Water Park — 800 Bethesda School Road in Lawrenceville
• George Pierce Park Community Recreation Center — 55 Buford Highway in Suwanee
The free meals are available to families with children 18 years old and younger and those 19 and older with a physical or mental impairment. Meals will be available while supplies last.
Call 770-822-8840 for more information.