A Buford resident is one of 18 individuals facing charges in connection with an illegal gambling case.
On Sept. 11, officers with the Gwinnett County Police Department’s vice unit executed a search warrant at the Royal Flush Bar and Grill at 2275 Pleasant Hill Road in unincorporated Duluth. Buford resident Victoria Sue Um, 38, was one of five employees arrested and charged with commercial gambling. Also arrested and charged with commercial gambling were:
- Jennia Washington Hicks, 42, of Atlanta
- Almena Denise Mccall, 47, of Forest Park
- Joseph Flauta, 58, of Lawrenceville
- Lamech Thomas, 21, of Jonesboro
According to GCPD, 13 customers were arrested:
- James Walter Leverette, 45, of Atlanta
- Barrington Ricardo Anderson, 41, of Columbia, South Carolina
- Robert Alexander Hill, 44, of Lagrange
- John Psomiadis, 66, of Atlanta
- Duc Thanh Le, 25, of Norcross
- Ayotunde Olufemi Dennis, 38, of Atlanta
- Ramsey Poyner Jones, 54, of Chamblee
- Vincent Mitchell Viani, 39, of Yantic, Connecticut
- Yongrui Liu, 36, of West Covina, California
- Hyungi Lee, 34, of Duluth
- Anthony Eli Brown, 55, of Dacula
- Ho Son, 49, of Acworth
- Gao Jie Guangie, 52, of Duluth
Gwinnett County police have also issued arrest warrants for the business’ three owners, who were not present at the time the search warrant was executed — Michael Kim, 56, of Duluth, Ingram Boykins, 52, of Lawrenceville and Robert Utes, 56, of Jefferson.
During the search of the establishment, $50,000 in cash was located and seized, along with gambling-related paraphernalia and other evidentiary items.