The ALDI discount grocery store at 1705 Mall of Georgia Boulevard in Buford will open to the public on Wednesday, Dec. 29.
The initial opening will be followed by a grand opening event beginning at 8 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 6. The store is located in a space previously occupied by discount bookstore 2nd and Charles in the Marketplace at Mill Creek shopping center.
“As one of America’s fastest-growing retailers, we look forward to continuing to offer area residents high-quality, fresh foods and low prices in every ALDI aisle, every day,” said Shaun O’Keefe, Jefferson division vice president for ALDI.
The Buford location is part of the company’s national expansion. ALDI operates more than 2,100 stores in 37 states and is on track to become the third largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022.
The ALDI store will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
Here are some things to know about shopping at ALDI:
- You do not need a membership to shop at ALDI.
- The store does not offer rewards or rewards cards.
- Customers should bring their own shopping bags or purchase reusable grocery bags from the store.
- A quarter is needed to unlock a shopping cart — According to ALDI, this 25 cent deposit ultimately saves customers money because the store doesn’t have to hire extra staff to collect grocery carts. The quarter is returned when the customer returns the shopping cart.
- Customers are expected to bag their own groceries upon checkout.
Click here to learn more about jobs at the Buford ALDI.