LAWRENCEVILLE — Gwinnett County announced on Tuesday that they are expanding their Summer Meals Program to include 11 additional locations. The county’s Summer Meals Program offers free grab-and-go breakfasts and lunches to children 18 years and younger.
While the program is temporarily suspended for the week due to unforeseen circumstances with the program’s vendor, on Monday normal operations will resume. Those interested may pick up meals between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., while supplies last at the following locations:
- Alexander Park, 800 Old Snellville Highway, Lawrenceville
- Bogan Park, 2723 North Bogan Road, Buford
- Collins Hill Park, 2225 Collins Hill Road, Lawrenceville
- Dacula Park Activity Building, 2735 Auburn Avenue, Dacula
- E. E. Robinson Park, 885 Level Creek Road, Sugar Hill
- George Pierce Park, 55 Buford Highway, Suwanee
- Harbins Park, 2995 Luke Edwards Road, Dacula
- Mountain Park Activity Building, 1063 Rockbridge Road, Stone Mountain
- OneStop Buford, 2755 Sawnee Avenue, Buford
- Peachtree Ridge Park, 3170 Suwanee Creek Road, Suwanee
- South Gwinnett Park, 2115 McGee Road, Snellville
In addition, the Five Forks Branch Library at 2780 Five Forks-Trickum Road in Lawrenceville will serve meals as part of the program starting Monday, July 6.
The program also encompasses those who are 60 years or older who need help with hunger, health, and mobility issues. Residents aged 60 plus with these issues can show up to one of the meal delivery sites and the program will offer emergency meal kits and information.
Registration is not required for residents to participate in the program.
For more information about summer meals or a list of all the sites, visit GwinnettSummerMeals.com or call 770-822-8840. Residents who would like to volunteer to assist with distribution of the Summer Meals Program can apply at VolunteerGwinnett.net.
— Staff Reports