There’s still time to take in the restaurants participating in Buford Restaurant Week, presented by the Buford Business Alliance, as the celebration of Buford cuisine has been extended through Sunday, June 29.
Visiting participating restaurants, which are offering various specials for Buford Restaurant Week, makes patrons eligible to win gift cards to dine at their favorite participating establishments.
“The idea is to get a point each time you go out and when you get three points you have an opportunity to win gift cards from the participating restaurants,” said Freda Kalina, president of the Buford Business Alliance. “The more they go to restaurants, the more chances they have to win.”
Apple iPhone users are encouraged to download the Buford Restaurant Week app to keep track of their points. Participating restaurants will have QR codes on hand that can be scanned using the iPhone camera. Dining at one restaurant gives patrons one point toward winning prizes. Three points make patrons eligible for the drawings.
“If you have an Android and you can’t download the app, take a photo of your receipt and send it through Facebook Messenger to the Buford Restaurant Week Facebook page to be counted for the drawings for gift cards,” Kalina said.
Specials during Buford Restaurant Week include:
- 37 Main — $12.95 for parmesan crusted chicken and bacon-wrapper shrimp
- Asia Grill and Buffet — 10 percent off the buffet
- The Baking Grounds — 20 percent off the iced coffee of the day; a free drink with the purchase of a meal; and 20 percent off any loaf of bread
- Bare Bones Steakhouse — Special items that include iceberg wedge, bacon-wrapped filet mignon and brownie with homemade ice cream and chocolate drizzle
- Chicken Salad Chick — 10 percent off “The Chick”
- Diesel Tap House — Specials on the Diesel sandwich, pimento port sandwich and tacos
- Tannery Row Ale House — 10 percent off any food item, drinks excluded
- Texas Roadhouse — Special prices on certain sirloin steaks and ribs and fried pickles
- Tropicana Latin Grill and Bar — 20 percent off the entire menu excluding drinks
Despite challenges in getting Buford Restaurant Week up and running, Kalina is confident this event will lead to future events.
“We feel like this is the beginning of Buford Restaurant Week every year,” Kalina said.